FIFA World Cup qualifiers: The Manchester United player, Paul Pogba, was seen leaving Monday’s training session with team doctor Franck Le Gall.
“Paul Pogba is forced to withdraw from France’s next two games at the Parc des Princes against Kazakhstan and against Finland in Helsinki,” a statement from the French football federation read.
He is being replaced in the squad by AS Roma’s Jordan Veretout.
He missed the last 2 matches in the Premier League for Manchester United after the suspension in the 5-0 loss against Liverpool.
France’s head coach said that Paul Pogba was “Happy” to join the international Squad for the qualifiers before the injury.
France are top of their qualifying Group D with 12 points from six games and victory against Kazakhstan will secure them a place in next year’s World Cup finals.
Deschamps warned against complacency as the world champions take on a side who have not won any of their seven group games.
“The important thing is to reach our goal, to qualify for the World Cup. All my energy and our concentration must be on that,” Deschamps told a news conference.
“We must not think that we are already qualified because it is only Kazakhstan. We’re going into the game with all our determination and strength to win.”
- Part 2: “Mastering Sports Excellence: Your Ultimate Guide to get success And Leave A Lasting Legacy!”
- Fuel Your Success: 4 Proven Strategies for Athletic Excellence!
- Pro Kabaddi League Season 8: Delhi clinches title defeats Patna.
- Airthings Masters: Carlsen recovers while Nepo leads.
- Airthings Masters: Magnus Carlsen disappoints while Ding leads.